- 4 cups cooked beans, cooled, or canned beans, rinsed (I usually use some combination of chickpeas, red kidney beans and romano beans)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 ribs of celery, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ a jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp vinegar of choice (e.g. rice wine vinegar)
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Adjust seasoning with sea salt as needed after tasting
Add-ons: Enjoy as is or top with chopped hard boiled eggs, tuna, or chicken.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well.
Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Add toppers before serving.