Soba noodles are made primarily from buckwheat flour. Buckwheat is a gluten-free grain that provides protein, fiber, B vitamins and manganese. The noodles have a delicious, nutty, almost smoky, flavor and great texture. They are very versatile and can be incorporated in both hot and cold dishes. Eat in moderation as part of a balanced and nutrient-rich diet.
Note: If you are eating a gluten-free diet, be sure to shop for gluten-free soba noodles, keeping in mind that many brands of soba noodles use both buckwheat and wheat flours.
- 1 bundle soba noodles (~100g), cooked and cooled
- 1 can good quality tuna of choice, drained
- ½ of an English cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and toss well to combine.
Serve chilled, enjoy!