- 6 cups pumpkin, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 4 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2 – 3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
In a large stock pot over high heat, add pumpkin, broth, garlic, and onion.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until pumpkin is soft enough to mash with a fork (about 45 minutes).
In a blender, puree soup in batches and return to a stock pot (remember to remove the centre of the blender lid and cover with a tea towel while blending).
Return the pureed soup to the stove over low heat.
Add coconut milk, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper.
Add more broth or coconut milk if needed to desired consistency.
Garnish with green onions, pumpkin seeds, and red pepper flakes before serving.