All the flavours of guacamole with the added protein boost of beans!
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans, mashed or puréed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 3 large avocados (or 4 small), peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ a jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- A splash of vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the white kidney beans, either purée in a blender or food processor or mash with a fork, to desired texture, adding olive oil and water to desired consistency.
In a bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.
Add in the beans and all other ingredients and stir to combine.
Serve chilled with veggie sticks and/or rice crackers.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
2 thoughts on “Recipe: Bean-Guacamole”