This recipe may work with a variety of seeds, as long as they are relatively dry, to allow them to crisp up nicely. Here, I used flax, chia, and sesame, but feel free to experiment. These are packed with fiber, good fats, protein and flavour! Enjoy them with your favorite dip!
- ¾ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup whole flax seeds
- 3 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp whole sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp grated (preferably) organic raw milk hard cheese, such as asiago or parmesan **Dairy-free alternative: 2 tbsp nutritional yeast and 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp dehydrated chives
- ½ tsp dehydrated parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (or more) water, as needed
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the water and mix well to combine.
Add just enough water to bring the mixture together into a loose dough.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread out the dough into an even layer.
Cover with another layer of parchment or wax paper and press down with a flat object (e.g. a cutting board or a book), until you have an even layer, about ½ cm thick.
Remove the top layer or parchment/wax paper and discard.
Bake on the top rack of the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (or more), checking it often in the last 10 minutes, until crisp.
Allow to cool on a rack, break into smaller pieces and store in a dry tin.
Enjoy, bon appétit!